1. The older your kids get, the longer Christmas lasts. This year it lasted 4 days and came in 2 waves. Everyone survived.
2. Watching young ones open presents is the best experience in the world.
3. It is critical to have someone on wrapping paper collection duties. This year it was Rick’s turn and he did a fantastic job.
4. I do not have enough forks.
5. I do not have enough plates.
6. My dishwasher was run so often that it is threatening to go on strike.
7. A ten-year-old playing computer games will have a bladder of steel.
8. Watching the reactions of adult children opening their gifts… priceless.
9. A Christmas stocking from when your child was little can bring the biggest smile of all.
10. The real gift of the holiday are not the presents, but the people you spend it with and the memories that are created.