So today was my first Monday back to work after 7 months.
Monday and I are not friends anymore.
We used to enjoy each others company. Baking bread, grocery shopping, paying bills, relaxing with a book. Doing things that I didn’t have time to do on Saturday and Sunday, or choosing to just relax and let the world go by. We got along great! And what was better, it was easier to handle a little bit of craziness on a Tuesday, because really, who hated Tuesday?
But it’s just hard trying to fit everything into the normal 2 day weekend after such a long hiatus and expect my mind and body to gear up for a very unpopular day and not let it affect me.
PLUS, the 5 day workweek just isn’t as appealing as a 4 day one.
But to be honest, nothing out of the ordinary happened today that wouldn’t have normally happened on a Tuesday, or any other day of the week, for that matter.
Let’s take a look at a few highlights:
- Calie threw up before I left for work. Nothing new there, and I was grateful it wasn’t on the carpet this time.
- The first email of the day is a nastygram from a coworker pissed off over an issue that I had no control over. Story of my life.
- People waited until after the noon deadline to get their timecards to me and expected me to get signatures for them. Typical.
- The printer f&#*s up during a check printing run. We be having fun now!
- 10 pounds of shit in a 5 pound bag? No problem, I can work miracles.
So, what DID go right today?
Nobody got hurt. And if you truly know me, you will smile and consider that a GREAT day… for them.
*Cartoon courtesy of Google Images.
6 Responses to “Monday Madness”
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.
So sorry your Monday sucked! After having decent Monday’s for a while, I’m sure it was not fun. But hey, now it’s Tuesday! 🙂
I like Tuesday!
Hope your week gets better!
Tuesday didn’t make the chances look too good… Maybe Friday will be my friend!
Fridays are SOOOO not my friend, not during the workday anyways. Way too busy. After the work is done? Definitely! Although, I think this Thursday will have Friday beat, as it’s end of month, end of quarter, end of year for work, and EVERYTHING MUST SHIP THAT’S BEEN SITTING ON OUR DOCK FOR DAYS/~sandyrooney~sandyrooney~sandyrooney~sandyrooneyWEEKS/~sandyrooney~sandyrooney~sandyrooney~sandyrooneyMONTHS! *sigh*
We’re in the same boat at work, except things don’t need to be shipped, money has to be spent. You’d think that wasn’t a bad problem, but it can be quite hectic!